Well you’ve probably already started finding glitter in strange places. There’s a week or two of that to go.
Thanks everyone for contributing to such a great night on Saturday. We had such a huge response from everyone. The float went off without a hitch, with 80 fantastic lifesavers telling the world that Life Saving in Australia is for everyone regardless of your sexuality.
But for now, just glow in the joy of Saturday night’s fun, energy and excitement. Only 364 days to go to next year.
A big thank you has to go to the committee who work tirelessly, by going to the pub a lot, joking on messenger a lot, paying each other out at every opportunity, taking plenty of boomerang pics of ourselves and just being at the beach whenever they can, all while putting together such a great entry. Thanks to;
- Nick for his role of treasurer and his mum for endless hours of sewing our flags
- Grant as treasurer, telling me to spend less money
- Wayne managing the logistics of getting a generator that actually works, and sound and lights when our supplier goes out of business with no notice
- Andrew for arranging all things rehearsal, such as the room/courtyard hire and the song loop
- Mick Boland for dealing with everyone who decided they changed swimwear sizes at the last minute
- Orlando for the rego process and chasing up waiting lists and payment issues
- Mike Barley for dealing with Fair Day mayhem, and helping logistics on the parade
- David for arranging the post parade bash, more so when the first venue cancelled two days out
- Karen for all our social media comms
- Bastien for our media work, getting the great SMH article out there
- Bravo for making lifesavers who excel at lifesaving appear to be talented dancers too,
- Mike for not filming us when we look stupid, and
- Justin for pictures carefully edited to exclude when we forget to suck our stomachs in.
Anyone who wants to help us as a committee next year, feel free to get in touch with any of the above, or me, Gary at [email protected] or through messenger. We’re going to have a casual parade debrief in a week or two, so swing along and say hi, no obligations.
In the meantime, put your feet up and breath easy, and reintroduce yourself to carbs.